Saturday, April 23, 2011

IN DEFENSE OF MY READING HABITS

I feel the need to explain myself a bit, or at least defend my reading habits. I've recently been asked if I "actually read any GOOD books"- and in fact I do. Reading is a lot more fun if you mix it up with a bunch of different flavors. I actually read books in a cycle:
1. "Classic" from the BBC list which I would like to finish, or an otherwise excellent older book.
2. A book club book (I have two VERY different book clubs I read with... so this usually means a more modern "good" book and a "good" sci fi).
3. A terrible book that equates to eating literary junk food.

I've also mastered reading on the treadmill or stairmaster, so the gym ends up doubling as reading time. Which is consequently RIGHT on the way from the library. So many books are consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment